Commercial Scale Indirect Rotary Calciners for processing at temperatures of up to approximately 2,300°F (1,260°C). Pilot scale equipment is available for temperatures of excess of 2,500°F (1,370 °C).
Indirect Rotary Calciners
Radiation is the primary mode of heat transfer. An indirect rotary calciner can be supplied either gas, oil or electrically heated, and usually feature multiple furnace zones. In an indirectly heated calciner, the process material is isolated from the heat source consequently heat transfer and the process atmosphere composition/volume are independent. Therefore the process material can be extremely fine and heated in a very controlled manner with a desired atmosphere.
Indirect Rotary Claciners from Thermal Processing Solutions are particularly suited to a variety of applications such as:
- Processes requiring controlled oxidizing, reducing or inert atmospheres
- Process materials requiring isolation
- Processes with reaction kinetics improved by solid/solid or solid/gas contact
- Processes that require deposition on a substrate
- Materials with very fine particle size distributions
- Materials that require controlled development of properties such as of surface area and porosity
- Processes that benefit from a minimized process gas volume
- Processes requiring exposure to a controlled, repeatable and uniform temperature profile
- Processes that require a volatile component to be thermally desorbed from a substrate
- Materials that are conduction heat transfer limited, and benefit ting from the dynamic exposure to a radiant heat source
- Materials with fragile structures
A TPS calciner can be supplied pre-assembled on a main frame, or as subassemblies for field erection Process and power controls are supplied in pre-wired control panels, or control drawing can be provided. The calciner is normally pre-piped and/or prewired, with terminations located in an electrical marshalling panel, thereby reducing the installation and startup time required.
Click here for the full technical details of our indirect rotary calciners (PDF 177k)
Typical Process Contact Materials of Construction
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Chrome - Nickel Alloys